Wednesday, December 18, 2013

"Scene Building" at Clarity stamp Challenge

Good afternoon,

I have decided to give it a go.....But still not over impressed with what I have done. Really need more practising!!!

Clarity Stamp Challenge, has a new challenge for this month, and it's "Scene Building".  I have used the following stamps for my card: Set of 3 Repositionable trees, I have used the smallest one for the hedge along the road with Expresso Adirondack Ink, Kids and Sledge with black Archival Ink and Santa and His Sleigh with black Archival Ink.




I have used a "post-it" to make my moon, and have drawn the road by hand. For the raod I have used Slate Adirondack Ink, and for the sky, I have used Cloudy Blue Adirondack Ink.

After beeing to the NEC, where the lovely Barbara Gray showed me how to use the brayed, I have decided to go.....And after 3 disastered attempts, I had to give up.....And made my sky (as well as the road) with some make-up sponges.

not really sure if you can see it, but under the kids and sledge, I have also used the top of the tree used alog the road, but this time with Stonewashed Adirondack.

I will enter my card in the following challenges :

Clarity Stamp Challenge : Scene Building
Creative inspirations : Anything Goes + option of a sketch
One Stitch At A Time : Anything Goes
Die Cutting Divas : Happy Holidays
Wags'n Whiskers Stamps : Christmas

That's all for me today. Hope you like my card!!!!





11 comments:

  1. Great card Laurence so many skills and different techniques. I can see how this has been a learning curve for you, well done hun, your card is fab :) :) :) Good luck in this months OSAAT 'Anything Goes' challenge. Hugs Jane OSAAT DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely scene Laurence. I really like the winding path.

    Do you have a Splodge Mat? I'd recommend it if you haven't. It makes brayering a lot easier.

    Thank you for entering the Claritystamp Challenge. Good luck. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Lynne, I have......and it still doesn't work for me....

      Delete
  3. Like the wintry/Christmas scene. Wonderful detail & inking. Thank you for entering OSAAT Ch194 Anything Goes. Merry Christmas!
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    OSAAT DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card
    Thanks for joining in at One Stitch At A Time this week
    Hugs Katie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laurence - great card but please don't give up on your brayer it just takes practice use some of theuva card to start you off - it's more forgiving than the coated card. try going across just the corners then without re-inking join the two triangles up by going straight across the edge. Dont press on, make the brayer spin by lifting it off the paper at the end of each stroke and always start and end on the copy paper that you have previously put underneath. - good luck with the challenge and your brayering

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, only using theuva card for the moment, and can't manage. I think, I probably press too hard. Benn watching Barbara doing it again, and again, and again.....Even thing my DVD is too used on that chapter....Lol!!!! But don't worry will keep trying, may be one day I succeed without having any mark on it..... Thanks for the nice comment.

      Delete
  6. Lovely card Laurence. Do give up on the brayer, Barbara calls it like air brushing, you are really lightly touching the paper, keep trying you will get there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card Laurence .....you've created such a lovely scene that tells a story. What a lot of thought and techniques you have put into this card that I've enjoyed enormously. Good luck in our extended challenge. Ingrid xx ( OSAAT Team )

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great scene!!! Love all the details and how you have done the road as well as position all those trees!!! Really awesome.

    Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab Laurence! As the ladies have already said... Don't give up. Light strokes with the brayer, lift off (don't go backwards and forwards). Lightly build up the colour.

    Best of luck with the challenge! X

    ReplyDelete